Missy Wombat's Note:
A nice easy soup for a quick dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the stock in a pot and bring to a boil.
- 2Heat the oil in a large heavy pan, add the onion and ginger and cook until the onion has softened.
- 3Add the stock and the carrots. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the carrots are cooked and tender.
- 4Place in a blender or food processor and process in batches until smooth.
- 5Return to the pan and add stock or water until it reaches your preferred consistency.
- 6Stir in the cilantro and season to taste. Heat gently before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot and Ginger Soup
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.1
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 177.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: