Missy Wombat's Note:
A nice easy soup for a quick dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the stock in a pot and bring to a boil.
- 2Heat the oil in a large heavy pan, add the onion and ginger and cook until the onion has softened.
- 3Add the stock and the carrots. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the carrots are cooked and tender.
- 4Place in a blender or food processor and process in batches until smooth.
- 5Return to the pan and add stock or water until it reaches your preferred consistency.
- 6Stir in the cilantro and season to taste. Heat gently before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot and Ginger Soup
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.1
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 177.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: