I came up with this as a side for a fish curry we ate last night. I have a hand held tool that shreds carrots in long strips. You could just grate the carrot if you don't have the same. I'm in a remote area so used dried mint, feel free to use fresh as I would if I could get it!
- 2 large carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cashews, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- salt and pepper
- Mix the first 4 ingredients together.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together then toss through the carrots and refrigerate about half an hour to let the flavours come together.