Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A light and moist muffin....Mmmm .
Make and share this Carrot and Poppy Seed Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 150 g self raising flour, sifted
- 150 g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups grated carrots (about 2 large carrots)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Pre heat oven to 180°C.
- Combine all dry ingredients and carrots in bowl.
- In separate bowl mix oil and eggs together, and then add to dry ingredients, mix till combined. (Don't over mix).
- Divide the mixture into muffin tins that have been oiled lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for a few minutes before transferring to wire rack to cook.
Perfect muffins: moist, soft and fluffy, also the carrots give beautiful color. Skipped the poppy seeds (didn't have any) and added more spices (not just cinnamon, but a mix with cardamom, cloves and allspice) instead, but will definitely try again with poppy seeds, should add some nice crunchiness.
YUm! These are so easy and taste great, best part is they stay moist for days and don't dry out. Little Miss DD enjoyed them too. WE topped a few with cream cheese icing and ate the rest plain. Thanks for posting!
Mmmm, Im snacking on these while writing the review and just cant stop eating them! :) They are so very tasty! The carrot goes so well with the poppy seeds and cinnamon and together they make for a very flavourful and unique muffin! The dough is rather thick, but I simply added 2 tbs water to it so that I could fill it into my muffin tins and it baked up perfectly! For the self-raising flour I used whole spelt flour plus 1 ts baking powder and 1/2 ts baking powder. My muffins rose up nicely and their texture is fluffy yet moist with a crunchy top. Oh, by accident I completely left out the sugar, but the muffins really didnt need it! The carrot gives them a very fruity sweetness, which is just fine for me. Thanks so much for sharing this lovely recipe with us, Stardustannie! Now, this will be made very often in my house (maybe with zucchini or squash/pumpkin for a change). Made and reviewed for Ed'n8-Make My Recipe July 09.