Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This comes from Lisa Lintner's "Vegetables" cookbook. She suggests adding a little chopped ham as a variation, or replacing some of the carrot with sweet potato.
- 5 medium carrots
- 6 medium zucchini
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 125 g cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3⁄4 cup self-rising flour
- Preheat the oven to 180°C Lightly grease a deep 23cm pie dish.
- Grate the carrots, zucchini, onion, garlic, and cheese into a large bowl.
- Stir n the vegetable oil, lightly beaten eggs, salt, pepper, and thyme. Add the sifted flour and stir until combined and smooth. Spoon into the prepared dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and cooked in the centre. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
We really enjoyed this frittata. There was even a piece left over for lunch the next day which my DH declared to be almost nicer than it was warm the day before!! When I make again I will try and reduce some of the oil and use only 1 clove of garlic. I felt that the garlic was a little over powering for the delicate flavour of the carrots and zucchinis. Definitely a recipe worth making again. Thank you Sara76 for posting the recipe.
I loved this. I used garbanzo bean flour instead of the self rising flour (trying to have less carbs). It came out really well even without the flour. thanks