1/3 Photos of Cashew and Parsley-Crumbed Chicken With Mustard Vinaigrette
bluemoon downunder's Note:
A tasty chicken dish with easy-to-prepare salad greens, cherry tomatoes and red capsicums (or red bell peppers). Rocket, mesculun or baby spinach leaves are ideal greens. I always opt for baby spinach leaves. This recipe is from The Australian Women's Weekly's 'fresh food fast: delicious no-fuss healthy recipes'.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup roasted unsalted cashews
- 3/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup stale breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 4 chicken breast fillets, skinless
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 g rocket, trimmed
- 250 g yellow grape tomatoes or 250 g red grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red capsicum (also known as red bell pepper)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced/325°F/3 gas mark.
- 2Blend or process the nuts until they resemble a coarse meal; combine them in a medium, shallow bowl with the parsley and breadcrumbs; beat the eggs lightly in another medium shallow bowl and place the flour in another shallow bowl.
- 3Halve the chicken pieces diagonally and slice though each piece horizontally; coat the chicken pieces in the flour and shake away any excess; dip each chicken piece in egg then in the breadcrumb mixture.
- 4Heat the oil in a large pan, preferably non-stick; cook the chicken in batches until it has browned on both sides; place the chicken on an oiled oven tray; cook in the oven, uncovered, for about ten minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- 5The Mustard Vinaigrette: make the mustard vinaigrette by combining all the ingredients in a screw top jar and shaking it well; combine the vinaigrette with the rocket, tomato halves and capsicum slices in a large bowl; toss the salad gently then serve it with the chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cashew and Parsley-Crumbed Chicken With Mustard Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.4
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 265.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets
coarse grain mustard