Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this in a magazine when I was at the hairdressers. Putting it here so I don't lose the piece of paper. Will try soon. This came from a British magazine.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 dried red chilies, halved
- 1 -2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 1⁄2 cm gingerroot, grated
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 green chilies
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat oil until smoking, add cumin and allow to crackle.
- Add onions, turmeric and a pinch of salt then stir continuously until the onions turn a pale golden brown.
- Add dried red chillies, sesame seeds, garlic and half the ginger.
- Continue to cook for a few moments then add cauli. Stir to coat then cover and cook on a low heat for 7 - 10 minutes or until just tender.
- Remove lid and increase heat. Add green chillies and remaining ginger and stir briskly.
- Serve garnished with the chopped coriander.
We loved this - at $3.99 for a medium sized cauliflower (NZ so does totally seasonal veges) I was happy to find a recipe that made me feel it was worthwhile spending that much! I actually made this for lunch and served it with flatbreads, yoghurt, lettuce & tomatoes to make wraps. It was so yummy and was gobbled down. Made for Aus/Kiwi Recipe Swap June 2009.