Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Another celeriac recipe for Bergy. Prep time includes cooling of veg.
Make and share this Celeriac and Potato Rosti Brunch recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces potatoes, unpeeled
- 6 ounces celeriac, unpeeled
- a little lemon juice
- 3 ounces gruyere cheese, grated
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 large eggs
- Put the potatoes and celeriac in a pan of boiling salted water with the lemon juice.
- Cook for 8 minutes.
- Drain, cool for 10 minutes, then peel the celeriac.
- Grate the celeriac and potatoes into a bowl.
- Add the cheese, oil, herbs and seasonings.
- Set the oven to fairly hot, 200c/400f.
- Spoon the mixture into 2 buttered ovenproof dishes and make a well in the centre.
- bake for about 20 minutes, until browned, then break an egg into each hollow and bake for about 5-10 minutes to cook egg.
- Serve immediately.