Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
This was posted in response to a request.
Make and share this Celeriac Salad with Toasted Almonds recipe from Food.com.
- 350 -450 g celeriac
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 75 g blanched & toasted almonds (I toast them in a dry non-stick pan, shaking over a medium heat)
- 1 (150 ml) carton sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 15 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Peel the celeriac, and cut into a fine julienne.
- Put in a mixing bowl, and add the almonds (reserving a small amount for garnish).
- In another bowl, mix the sour cream, mustard, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the dressing and the celeriac well, and scatter with the reserved almonds.
Thank-you Jan for answering my request for a recipe. I made it for lunch yesterday and it was great. I used 2% cottage cheese, pureed in stead of the sour cream (you just add a dab of sweetener to the cottage cheese and you really can't tell the difference) and thin sliced a half red and a half green pepper (sorry mate, capsicum) Lovely color addition.
Good basic taste and texture, but not very exciting -- it could do with some more contrasts (color, texture, tastes).