I got this recipe for a school mum, Sue Stibbard. She always liked to make things go further on her tight budget so she came up with this recipe for chicken liver pate with a twist; hard boiled eggs are added to the recipe. This gives the pate a lighter texture. People are surprised when I tell them that there are hard boiled eggs in the pate. This recipe makes a large batch and you will certainly get compliments for your skills in mastering chicken liver pate.
My Private Note
large p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Separate livers from the gall bladders.
- 2Trim chicken livers of threads and gall and chop livers into 1 inch pieces.
- 3Fry onions and garlic in 250g butter until soft.
- 4Add the chicken liver pieces to the softened onions and fry until the livers are firm but still pink inside.
- 5Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped eggs and softened butter, brandy, ground cloves, salt and pepper to taste and mace.
- 6Then place in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- 7Adjust seasoning if required.
- 8Put the pate into your containers and pour a little melted butter on the top of the containers of pate to seal it.
- 9Put into the fridge until required.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheat's Chicken Liver Pate
Serving Size: 1 (1294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1218.6
- Calories from Fat 1029
- Total Fat 114.3 g
- Saturated Fat 68.1 g
- Cholesterol 1028.6 mg
- Sodium 1071.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 36.6 g