1/3 Photos of Cheese and Herb Bread
This is a great bread to serve with stews or casseroles. I always make it when I cook my Jumbuck Stew which I think is listed here under Aussie Jumbuck Stew. My measurements are using the Australian tablespoon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour and cayenne into a bowl, rub in butter.
- 2Add cheeses, onion, parsley, stir to combine.
- 3Add the combined egg and milk and mix to form a soft dough.
- 4Knead on a lightly floured board until smooth. Shape dough into a round and place on a lightly greased cooking sheet.
- 5Brush loaf with extra milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 6Cook in a moderate 350f oven for 30 minutes or until bread is browned and sounds hollow when tapped.
- 7Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese and Herb Bread
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.8
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 119.4 mg
- Sodium 422.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 18.7 g