1/3 Photos of Cheese and Herb Bread
This is a great bread to serve with stews or casseroles. I always make it when I cook my Jumbuck Stew which I think is listed here under Aussie Jumbuck Stew. My measurements are using the Australian tablespoon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour and cayenne into a bowl, rub in butter.
- 2Add cheeses, onion, parsley, stir to combine.
- 3Add the combined egg and milk and mix to form a soft dough.
- 4Knead on a lightly floured board until smooth. Shape dough into a round and place on a lightly greased cooking sheet.
- 5Brush loaf with extra milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 6Cook in a moderate 350f oven for 30 minutes or until bread is browned and sounds hollow when tapped.
- 7Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese and Herb Bread
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.8
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 119.4 mg
- Sodium 422.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 18.7 g