Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tasty cheese and olives bites - great with a glass of wine :)
Make and share this Cheese and Olive Bites recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup flour
- 100 g butter, cold and cubed
- 150 g tasty cheese, grated
- 60 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, stoned and chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water, more if necessary
- Into food processor mix flour and butter, process until fine breadcrumbs.
- Next add cheeses and chilli, pulse briefly.
- Add olives, egg yolk and water.
- Pulse until mix forms large clumps which sticks together when pressed with fingers.
- Add a little more water if necessary.
- Roll out onto a floured surface into 2 logs.
- Wrap logs in glad wrap – place in fridge for 1 hour, as it is easier to slice.
- Cut into slices when required and bake at 180C, approx 10 minutes, until golden.
- Can freeze the logs.
Really really good!! The pepper flakes add just the right amount of zing and how can you go wrong with olives and cheese????? Thanks Jewelies!!
Very nice. The measurements were kinda strange once converted for U.S. so here's what I ended up with: 4oz(1cube) of butter, 6oz(1 1/2 cups) jack cheese, 2oz(2/3 cup) parmesan cheese, and the rest the same except I couldn't help myself...this recipe made me add a 4oz can of diced mild green chilies...and they were so wonderful in it (I also would have had to add a lot of extra water but the chilies made the dough a perfect consistency). I used my pastry blender to cut the butter and flour together and the rest I mixed with a fork. I put the dough in a tupperware in the refrigerator for 2 hours and then scooped out 1 inch balls and baked them at 350F for about 15 minutes. They turned out like little tangy, cheesy biscuits. They were a little greasy though. Thank you for the recipe to play with! Made for Zaar Tag.