Recipe makes 12 Vol-Au-Vents. The Vol-Au-Vents can be prepared a little ahead of time and cooked just before serving.
- Place half a teaspoon of cream cheese into each vol-au-vent shell.
- Cut oysters in half (or appropriate size for shells) and place on top of cream cheese.
- Combine diced cheddar, parsley, pepper and bread crumbs in a small bowl and mix.
- Place a teaspoon of mixture on top of each oyster.
- Cook in an oven for 10 minutes at 200 Celsius (400 Fahrenheit).
- Allow 5-10 minutes cooling time before serving.
I made these without the cases, just in the shell, and they tasted great and looked very impressive. Thanks!