A New Idea find. An Australian cup is 250ml and a tablespoon is 20ml. To achieve a light result, it is important to handle damper dough quickly and gently.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Rub in butter using fingertips until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Season to taste.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon milk. Using a blunt knife, mix in remaining milk all at once, until mixture just comes together.
- Knead dough gently on a lightly floured surface. Form into a 20cm x 25cm rectangle. Press cheese into dough. Roll up from the long side and cut into 6 pieces.
- Arrange rolls in a circle, cut side down, on prepared tray. Brush tops with reserved milk and sprinkle with seeds.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until scrolls sound hollow when tapped. Serve warm.