1/1 Photo of Cheese and Spinach Roulade Bruschetta
Haven't tried this one yet, but it looks YUM! Another one adapted from "Cocktails & Finger Food: The Survival Guide to Easy Entertaining"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2Cut bread into thin slices. Brush slices lightly on each side with oil. Place in a single layer on an oven tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly brown, turning once.
- 3Remove stalks from spinach leaves, place leaves into bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for about 3 minutes or until leaves have softened. Drain and cool. Squeeze out excess liquid; drain on sheets of paper towel.
- 4Lay spinach leaves flat, overlapping each other on a piece of plastic wrap, to form a 25 x 20cm rectangle.
- 5Beat cheeses together until smooth. Spread cheese mixture evenly over the spinach. Top cheese evenly with pimiento/red pepper.
- 6Using the plastic wrap as a guide, carefully roll up spinach to enclose the cheese. Remove plastic wrap and cut log into thin slices (about 1.5cm).
- 7Serve on the slices of baked bread.
- 8Note: The cheese/spinach can be made ahead and kept wrapped in the plastic wrap in the fridge, cooking the bread slices and slicing the roll just before serving. Refrigerating also makes cutting the cheese easier. Herbs could be added to or sprinkled over the cheese mix to taste, or substitute caviar or shredded smoked salmon for the pimiento (yummm).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese and Spinach Roulade Bruschetta
Serving Size: 1 (819 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.8
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.0 mg
- Sodium 104.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 2.5 g