I love making this for the kids as it doesn't have any surprise tastes, it is a basic and easy to make finger food that you can show up with a variety of spices if you wish. The cheeses are interchangeable... use gouda or swiss to change the taste, and add nutmeg if that is your taste. You can cut the filo pastry into 8 rectangles and put a small spoonful on the top edge and roll, until you have a filled tube (spray with oil to seal). Perfect finger food and everyone will come back for seconds!
My Private Note
puff pa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly brown garlic in a pan with a little water and set aside to cool (this takes the smell away from the garlic when cooked).
- 2Mix together all the shredded cheeses, fresh or thawed chopped spinach, egg, parsley, and cooled garlic.
- 3Cut the filo sheets into 3 equal strips so that you have 18 strips all together.
- 4Place 1 heaped tablespoon of mixture at the end of a strip, and fold over diagonally, making a triangle, continuing to fold it to the end, and spray the end piece with cooking spray. Pinch pastry together to form the triangle puff and place on a greased oven tray.
- 5Cook in a hot oven (230 degrees celcius)for 25-30 minutes.
- 6Eat hot or it will go soggy!
- 7With any leftovers, best to freeze and then reheat in 180 degrees celcius oven for about 15 minutes. I wrap them in paper towel and pop them in the microwave for 1 minute to defrost first.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Trios & Spinach Puffs - so Easy and Delicious
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.6
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 24.7 mg
- Sodium 138.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 4.7 g