An easy, crispy and tasty side dish for any main course. Excellent with a roast or just a steak and salad. I have had this for about 25 years.
- Pre heat oven to very hot - 425 degrees.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into even size pieces and drop them into a pan of boiling, salted water.
- Cook at a simmer for 15 - 20 minutes or until soft when pierced with a fork.
- Drain well and rice - or push through a sieve.
- Add butter, 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese and eggs.
- Beat until combined and the butter has melted.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture into about 15 equal portions and shape into small, oval loaves.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet. ( I line it with foil).
- Mix the remaining parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the loaves.
- Bake for about 20 minutes (or until puffed and golden).
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve.