1/2 Photos of Chef Flower's Cracked Wheat Pilaf - Kibrisli Bulgur Pilavi
Chef floWer's Note:
This is one of my mother's recipe, she was born in Cyprus and this recipe has been passed on to her by her mother. It's a quick side dish. My mother has a few recipes using bulgur, but she prepared this one regularly when I was living at home. You could serve it with a scope of plain yoghurt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a small saucepan with lid. Add onion, mix until the onions are transparent. Reduce heat to low and add vermicelli, mix, simmer for two minutes or until the vermicelli looks golden (but not burnt).
- 2Add bulgur into the saucepan, mix then add the chicken/vegetable stock, tomatoes and season. (Do not add salt if your stock is high in salt), Mix well.
- 3Cover the pan and simmer very gently heat for four minutes, until the mixture is moist but not watery. If is too dry add more chicken/vegetable stock. Turn off heat.
- 4Cover with tea towel, place the lid tightly on top and let it stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chef Flower's Cracked Wheat Pilaf - Kibrisli Bulgur Pilavi
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.2
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 2.7 mg
- Sodium 137.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: