I make this all the time, you will need a food processor to have a smooth texture, but if you decide to make it by hand then it will not be as smooth creamy texture and the flavour will be different.
- In a mini food processor, process the onion, remove and to a small bowl.
- Add the diced tomatoes into the same bowl.
- Add avocado in the food processor and process the avocado until it's totally mashed.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Process them a little more, remove and add the same bowl with onion and tomatoes.
- Mix well.
- Serve with pita sticks, water cracker biscuits or savoury biscuits.