Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Custard apple, soursop, cherimoya, bullocks heart... Make sure you pick firm green ones with no black spots and keep it in the fridge until fully ripe. This fruit is fragile so handle with care. Cooking time is freezing time.
- Break the custard apples in half and scoop out the flesh.
- Remove all of the seeds.
- Blend the flesh and lime juice together in a blender until a fine puree is produced.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the cream and caster sugar.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a freezer tray and cover with aluminium foil.
- Freeze until the icecream is almost frozen.
- Transfer the ice cream mixture to a chilled bowl and beat until smooth but not melting.
- return to the tray, cover and freeze overnight.
- The freezing step can be replaced by using an ice cream maker as per the manufacturer's instructions.