I've made this recipe for years, though I don't make cheesecake much these days due to cals involved! If you like your crumb mix up the sides, double the cookies and butter, and the filling doubles easily if you want a deeper cake. No need to double the topping. Prep time includes baking and cooling off the base.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 125 g chocolate ripple biscuits, finely crushed (plain un-iced chocolate cookies)
- 60 g butter, melted
- 1 (425 g) can pitted black cherries
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packet cherry gelatin (Jell-o)
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1/4 cup caster sugar (superfine sugar)
- 1 cup evaporated milk, well chilled
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons kirsch liqueur
- 4 teaspoons arrowroot (corn starch) or 4 teaspoons cornflour (corn starch)
- 4 teaspoons kirsch liqueur, extra
- 4 teaspoons caster sugar, extra
- whipped cream
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Combine crushed biscuits and melted butter; mix well.
- 3Press over the base of a 20cm spring form pan.
- 4Bake for 10 minutes.
- 6Drain cherries, reserve juice.
- 7Dissolve jelly in the boiling water then cool.
- 8Beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 9Add cooled jelly and mix well.
- 10Whip evaporated milk until thick, add lemon juice, kirsch and jelly mixture beating constantly.
- 11Fold in cherries, pour into prepared crumb crust and chill for at least 6 hours.
- 12Blend arrowroot with reserved cherry juice (about 3/4 cup).
- 13Bring to the boil stirring constantly.
- 14Remove from the heat, add the extra kirsch and caster sugar.
- 16Spoon over the top of the cheesecake.
- 17Just before serving, decorate with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.1
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 79.4 mg
- Sodium 250.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate ripple biscuits