Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This delicious dessert look sso elegant, but is so simple, and can be ready in just 30 minutes! You can make the strudel ahead and bake it just before serving, making it perfect for dinner parties! ***While working with the pastry, cover it witth palstic food wrap and a damp tea towel.
- 500 g ripe pears, peeled cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 8 sheets phyllo pastry
- cooking spray
- 1 cup fresh cherries (can use frozen thawed cherries)
- 2 tablespoons nutella
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- icing sugar, to dust
- 4 scoops low-fat vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 2ooC/180C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place pear, sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl, toss to coat.
- For each strudel, place 2 sheets of pastry on a flat surface; spray with cooking oil. Arrange 1 quarter of the pear mixture in centre of pastry. Top with 1 quarter of spread. Fold long sides of pastry, then roll from one short ende to enclose and form a parcel. Repeat with remaining parcels.
- Place parcels on prepared trays; spray tops with oil. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Dust with icing sugar; serve with icecream.