Creation in Hope's Note:
This is posted for the ZWT 2006. I have not made this recipe and it is compliments of fooddownunder.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt half the chocolate (using steam - a microwave will burn it!) and press into a slice tray that is layered with aluminium foil.
- 2Refrigerate this till set.
- 3Combine coconut, cherries, melted copha and condensed milk into a semi-solid sticky mess.
- 4Add drops of food coloring till the mixture is pinkish.
- 5Press this on top of the chocolate, pressing into the corners and flattening out using a cold spoon.
- 6Refrigerate till set.
- 7Melt the rest of the chocolate and cover the mixture, then refrigerate again till chocolate hard.
- 8Remove the slice, foil and all, from the tray.
- 9Remove the foil and cut into small squares.
- 10Make sure you get all of the foil or your teeth will feel it!
- 11Keep refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry-Ripe Chocolate Slice
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1554.1
- Calories from Fat 1134
- Total Fat 126.0 g
- Saturated Fat 93.6 g
- Cholesterol 35.9 mg
- Sodium 326.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 128.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.9 g
- Sugars 82.7 g
- Protein 26.5 g