I made this a few years back, and the family loved it. I remember I needed a cheery ripe fix at the time and this did the trick!I have not included the setting time in the cooking time, as this will vary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g Marie biscuits, finely crushed
- 2 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 250 g glace cherries, red
- 125 g Copha, chopped
- 395 g condensed milk
- food coloring, 1 drop red (optional)
- 1Line a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan with baking paper, extend the paper approx; 5cm over the edges on the two long sides.
- 2Combine the biscuits, coconut and cherries in a large bowl.
- 3Place copha in a pan and stir over a low heat until melted. Add the condensed milk and food colouring and stir over heat until blended. Pour over biscuit mixture and combine well.
- 4Press the mixture into the prepared pan and refrigerate, while making topping.
- 5To make topping ~ Place copha and chocolate in a small pan. Stir over low heat until melted. Pour topping over slice and spread evenly to cover. Refrigerate until set and when set cut into squares.
- 6Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Ripe Slice
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.7
- Calories from Fat 338
- Total Fat 37.5 g
- Saturated Fat 29.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.1 mg
- Sodium 107.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 41.6 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: