1 hr 20 mins
Creation in Hope's Note:
I am posting this for the ZWT 2006. I have not made this recipe and it is compliments of fooddownunder.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the chestnuts for 12 hours in cold water and drain (dried chestnuts are used because they have a stronger flavour than fresh ones).
- 2Cook with the milk for 20 minutes on a very low heat and then make a puree.
- 3Mix together with the softened butter, sugar, vanilla sugar and the grappa.
- 4(brandy, if you don't have grappa).
- 5Add the egg yolks one by one, mixing well.
- 6Leave to cool then fold in the beaten egg whites.
- 7Put the mixture into a buttered and sugared souffle dish and bake at 180-190 oC for about 40 minutes.
- 8Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately, with a little whipped cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chestnut Souffle from Ticino
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.2
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 178.5 mg
- Sodium 167.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 21.5 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: