1/2 Photos of Chiang Mai Beef Noodles
A hearty soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 500 g beef, cut into 2 . 5cm strips
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 200 g fresh thin egg noodles
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves
- lime wedge, to serve
- 1Heat the oil in a large wok and stir-fry the onion and garlic for 1 minute.
- 2Add the curry powder, curry paste and 2 tablespoons of coconut milk. Stir-fry for another minute.
- 3Add beef and turn up the heat and stir-fry until brown, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add the remaining coconut milk and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 5Add the fish sauce, palm sugar and lime juice and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- 6Blanch the noodles in boiling water and divide between the serving bowls.
- 7Pour over the curry mixture and garnish with the green onions, coriander leaves and lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chiang Mai Beef Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1035.7
- Calories from Fat 596
- Total Fat 66.3 g
- Saturated Fat 49.5 g
- Cholesterol 114.5 mg
- Sodium 1330.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 27.4 g
- Protein 44.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste