From a feature in our local paper. I have based cooking time on having to cook the sandwich in 2 batches.
- Place the bacon under a preheated hot grill (broiler) and cook for 1-2 minutes or until crispy.
- Place the maonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, chives and chicken in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Spread both sides of the bread with butter.
- Divide cheese and chicken mixture between 4 slices of bread and sandwich with another slice of bread.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over low heat and cook the sandwiches in batches in necessary for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden the cheese is melted.
Though I cut back on the mayonnaise made as written. Very delightful lunch for us as we enjoyed these . Great recipe. Made for Holiday tag..
I really liked this. Next time I will cut down the mayo and maybe a bit of lemon juice because it was too runny. I might even sub in some cream cheese. YUM.
This was really good and my 4yr DS LOVED it!! I used canned chicken and regular white bread. Next time I will use the sourdough or a thicker/denser bread so the sandwhich is not soft/mushy. This was a great adition to our "snacks for dinner" during the football games. Made for Make My Recipe Tag.