1/1 Photo of Chicken and Chickpea Patties
Quick and simple to make. A great way to add some variety to the childrens' diet. Great either with a salad, veges or made into a burger. This recipe is from Edgell's. To make this dish gluten free ensure your spices, chutney and curry powder are all labeled as gluten free. I found these to be crumbly so added an egg and flour for binding.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 400 g canned chick-peas, drained
- 500 g lean ground chicken (chicken mince)
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney or 2 tablespoons tomato chutney
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons flour (GF if required)
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (can leave out or replace with preferred dried ground spices)
- salt and pepper to taste for seasoning
- 1Using a food processor, finely chop the chickpeas. Combine with the chicken, chutney, spring onions, curry powder and seasoning of salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Shape into patties using a 1/3 cup measure.
- 3Place the patties on a lightly oiled barbecue plate and cook approx 4 minutes each side or until cooked.
- 4NOTE:You can cook these patties in your fry pan or grill them. Serve with veggies, salad or on a burger with some more chutney and chopped cucumber.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Chickpea Patties
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.1
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 59.5 mg
- Sodium 201.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 18.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: