Quick and simple to make. A great way to add some variety to the childrens' diet. Great either with a salad, veges or made into a burger. This recipe is from Edgell's. To make this dish gluten free ensure your spices, chutney and curry powder are all labeled as gluten free. I found these to be crumbly so added an egg and flour for binding.
- 400 g canned chick-peas, drained
- 500 g lean ground chicken (chicken mince)
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney or 2 tablespoons tomato chutney
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons flour (GF if required)
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (can leave out or replace with preferred dried ground spices)
- salt and pepper to taste for seasoning
- Using a food processor, finely chop the chickpeas. Combine with the chicken, chutney, spring onions, curry powder and seasoning of salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape into patties using a 1/3 cup measure.
- Place the patties on a lightly oiled barbecue plate and cook approx 4 minutes each side or until cooked.
- NOTE:You can cook these patties in your fry pan or grill them. Serve with veggies, salad or on a burger with some more chutney and chopped cucumber.