Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This comes from the Food Lovers Diet Book, but tastes anything but low fat. A great meal with a leafy salad, it also makes a great lunchbox meal ( if you should have any leftovers!). Not only is this really easy, but it's also a tasty way to use up leftover chicken...even the kids love it, and it sneaks a few veggies into their diet too!
- 1 (85 g) packet Maggi 2-minute noodles, chicken flavour
- 1⁄4 chicken, cooked, shredded
- 125 g corn kernels
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup tasty cheese, grated (I use low fat)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius Grease and line the base of a 20cm round cake tin, or oven proof frying pan.
- In a saucepan, break the noodle cake into 1/4's and cover with boiling water. Bring to the boil, simmer for 2 minute, then drain.
- Combine the noodles, chicken, corn zucchini, eggs and contents of the flavour sachet in a bowl. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until set. Turn out of the pan and serve cheese side up.
Made for PRMR! Another great recipe from NOO. I did not have zucchini on hand so I subbed in green beans. This was a very good tasting dish. We all enjoyed this meal, at m house you can never go wrong with chicken. Thanks again!
A quick and easy meal, particularly if you have cooked chicken in the fridge! I didn't, but quickly chopped and stir-fried a chicken fillet. I also discovered I didn't have zucchini (unusually), so finely chopped a baby cabbage. I soaked the noodles and added the (frozen) corn to thaw. Everything was then mixed with the eggs and added to a small casserole dish, sprinkled with cheese and baked, I served it with green peas. This is so quick and easy, ideal for light lunches or suppers, also ideal for youngsters learning to cook for themselves.
You could spice it up to personal taste, and another time I think I'd like to add some sliced green onion, but, a good recipe, thank you Noo! Made for PRMR tag game.