Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Nice flavour! This recipe was on the back of a Continental Soup Mix Packet 15 years ago.
Make and share this Chicken and French Onion Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Cut the chicken into serving size pieces.
- Combine flour and soup mix in a shallow dish.
- Toss chicken in the mix til well coated.
- Reserve the excess flour and soup mix.
- Heat oil in pan and brown the chicken.
- Place into a casserole dish.
- Add bacon and onion to the pan and cook till onion is soft.
- Place in casserole with chicken.
- Add reserved flour and soup mix and water to the casserole.
- Cover and cook 200 deg celsius for 3/4 hour.
- Stir in cream and parsley and serve.
We all really enjoyed this. I made it with turkey meat, and replaced half the water with wine. I had to add extra cream, as I found the original amount of liquid left it really thick at the end of cooking time (but I used an American envelope of Lipton's Onion soup I was sent).
This is a great recipe that my 3 children and hubby will eat! I use chook breasts on the bone for added goodness (marrow) and take the meat off for my little ones. The flavour is delicious! Serve with pasta or rice to soak all the extra sauce up!! My friends love it too and I always get asked for the recipe!