AussieGal Tracey's Note:
I found this recipe in the nursing mothers association cookbook. I have been giving this to my family once a month and they look forward to it. While it might not be the most glamerous dish. Its really yummy and my kids love it
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter and saute onions until soft. Sift flour and seasonings into the mixture and cook for 1 minute.
- 2Add milk and cream.
- 3Stir until the sauce thickens.
- 4Cook 2 minutes.
- 5Fold chicken and ham (or bacon) and turn into a greased casserole dish.
- 6Top with bread crumbs and cheese.
- 7Bake at 190 degrees c until top is golden brown.
- 8When making this meal for my family, I usually double it.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Ham Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 780.0
- Calories from Fat 374
- Total Fat 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.8 g
- Cholesterol 198.1 mg
- Sodium 2256.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 56.6 g