Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Picked up this recipe from the sunrise morning show. A little healthier than the usual version but still tasted delicious. I did not use as much chilli as mentioned, but if you like it hotter go for it !!!!!!
- 400 g shredded cooked chicken meat
- 4 cups finely shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 carrots, finely grated
- 2 red capsicums, sliced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 mangoes, sliced
- 1 bunch chopped coriander
- 1 bunch chopped mint
- roasted cashew nuts
- 4 limes, juice of
- chopped red chile (optional)
- 4 teaspoons honey or 4 teaspoons apple juice concentrate
- In a bowl, combine chicken, lettuce, carrot,capsicum,onion,mango,herbs and nuts.
- In another bowl, mix chilli and apple juice until well combined to make a dressing and then pour dressing over the chicken salad mixtue and mix through.
- Serve in lettuce leaf cups with a little sweet chilli on the side.
- Sprinkle with a few more chopped cashew nuts if desired.