1/1 Photo of Chicken and Orange Salad
bluemoon downunder's Note:
A refreshing and flavoursome summer salad, adapted from ‘Quick Meals’. Vary the yoghurt according to taste preferences. If you want to add more colour variation, use a red capsicum instead of the yellow capsicum, or use ½ a red capsicum and ½ a yellow capsicum.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 oranges
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets, cooked and shredded
- 2 celery ribs, cut into fine strips
- 2 spring onions, shredded
- 1 yellow capsicum, cut into fine strips
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 250 g mixed green salad leaves
- 1Peel the oranges over a small bowl so as to catch – and reserve - the juice; cut the flesh into segments and place in a separate bowl.
- 2Stir in the cooked, shredded chicken, celery, spring onions and capsicum, and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 3Making the dressing: In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients together, including any reserved orange juice, until well-combined.
- 4Arrange the salad leaves and chicken mixture between four plates and pour the dressing over the salad leaves and chicken mixture; and divide the pecan nuts between the four plates.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Orange Salad
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.3
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 77.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets