bluemoon downunder's Note:
A tasty frittata which can be served warm with crusty rolls and a salad or at room temperature at picnics,for take-to-work lunches or in school lunchboxes. Adapted from a recipe I found in the May 2006 issue of the Australian magazine 'super food ideas'.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups dried macaroni noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onions (for Australians) or 1 yellow onion, finely chopped (for Americans)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely diced
- 1 small red pepper, finely diced
- 2 cups cooked chicken, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 8 eggs
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following the packet directions, until tender; drain.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pan over a medium heat; add the onion, garlic and carrot and cook for 3-4 minutes or until soft; add the red pepper and cook, stirring occasionally for 1 minute; then transfer the contents of the pan to a large bowl.
- 3Add the chicken, thyme, parmesan, parsley and pasta to the onion mixture; whisk the eggs in a large jug and add them to the pasta mixture; stir until well-combined and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 4Heat the remaining oil in the pan over a medium heat and add the pasta mixture to the hot pan; reduce the heat to medium-low and cook the contents of the pan for 8-10 minutes or until the frittata has set around the edges. The centre should still be slightly soft.
- 5Preheat a grill on a medium heat and place the pan under the grill; cook the frittata for 4-5 minutes or until it is golden and set.
- 6Cut into wedges and serve with crusty rolls and a salad.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Pasta Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 602.9
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 486.5 mg
- Sodium 403.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 42.7 g