Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
From Better Homes and Gardens magazine. I haven't tried but love the sound of this one.
Make and share this Chicken and Pork Short and Long Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 kg chicken wings
- 4 star anise
- 2 cm piece ginger, sliced
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup shaoxing wine
- 300 g pork mince
- 2 green onions, finely chopped, extra
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 300 g thin egg noodles
- Put chicken wings, star anise, ginger and green onions in a saucepan and fill with enough water to just cover the ingredients. Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 1 hour, then strain stock through a colander into a large saucepan. Reserve chicken wings.
- Return stock to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by half. Add the light soy sauce and shaoxing wine and stir to combine.
- Shread chicken from the meaty part of the wings and reserve. Discard bones and skin.
- Put pork, extra green onion, celery, sesame oil and soy sauce in a mefium mixing bowl, season with salt and pepper and mix until combined.
- Arrange wonton wrappers on a flat surface. Put heaped teaspoonfuls of pork mixture in the centre of wrappers. Brush around the edges of each wrapper with water, gather the sides and pinch together at the top to form small bags.
- Add wontons and noodles to the stock and simmer for 5 - 8 minutes or until the wontons float to the top. Add the shredded chicken and serve.