This is submitted for Ready, Set, Cook #3
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh red chilies
- 300 g skinless chicken thighs, thinly sliced
- 500 g pumpkin, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and sliced into thin strips
- 250 ml evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut essence
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
- 1Heat a wok to hot.
- 2Stir-fry the sesame seeds for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 4Swirl the oil in the wok to coat the sides.
- 5Stir-fry the onion for 3 minutes or until soft.
- 6Add the garlic, ginger, spices and chilli and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- 7Add the chicken strips and stir fry for a couple of minutes or until all the meat has changed colour.
- 8Add the pumpkin and capsicum and stir fry for 2 minutes more.
- 9Add the liquids and essence and bring to the boil.
- 10Reduce the heat and simmer loosely covered for 10 minutes.
- 11Uncover and simmer for a further 5-10 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender and the liquid has thickened.
- 12Season with salt and scatter with the toasted sesame seeds and the coriander leaves.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Pumpkin Curry
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.4
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 83.4 mg
- Sodium 231.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 23.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: