Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is submitted for Ready, Set, Cook #3
Make and share this Chicken and Pumpkin Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh red chilies
- 300 g skinless chicken thighs, thinly sliced
- 500 g pumpkin, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and sliced into thin strips
- 250 ml evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut essence
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
- Heat a wok to hot.
- Stir-fry the sesame seeds for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Swirl the oil in the wok to coat the sides.
- Stir-fry the onion for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add the garlic, ginger, spices and chilli and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the chicken strips and stir fry for a couple of minutes or until all the meat has changed colour.
- Add the pumpkin and capsicum and stir fry for 2 minutes more.
- Add the liquids and essence and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer loosely covered for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer for a further 5-10 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender and the liquid has thickened.
- Season with salt and scatter with the toasted sesame seeds and the coriander leaves.