1/1 Photo of Chicken and Vegetable Pasty Roll
bluemoon downunder's Note:
A quick to make chicken and vegetable pasty roll. Or you can make individual pasties. Great for at home or take-to-work lunches, and the perfect gourmet tucker for picnics and when you're attending outdoor sporting events! Adapted from a recipe from the Simply Great Meals Club website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked barbecued chicken, shredded
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 (420 g) can mixed vegetables, drained or 1 (420 g) the equivalent quantity of leftover vegetables
- 2 sheets shortcrust pastry
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1In a large bowl combine the chicken, cheese, egg, chives and herbs; season to taste; and gently stir through the Mixed Vegetables.
- 2Lay the pastry sheets with one sheet slightly overlapping the other, to form an oblong; brush the edges with milk.
- 3Spoon the chicken mixture along the length of the pastry edge closest to you; fold the pastry ends in and roll it up over the chicken mixture; continue rolling to form a log.
- 4Place the pastie log onto a greased baking tray, with the seal side down.
- 5Brush the pastry with milk and bake in a preheated oven at 190C for 25-30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- 6Serve hot or cold.
- 7Making Individual Pasties: This filling is also suitable for making smaller individual pasties. Use 4 sheets of pastry cut each into 4. Place the chicken mixture onto one corner of the pastry square and fold it over to form a triangle. Seal the edges with milk and press with a fork. Repeat with the remaining ingredients and bake as per chicken roll.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Vegetable Pasty Roll
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 780.8
- Calories from Fat 425
- Total Fat 47.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 141.0 mg
- Sodium 902.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 35.8 g