Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A wonderful chicken dish. Very easy and very tasty. This came from a magazine some time ago.
Make and share this Chicken Breast With White Wine and Mushroom Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 chicken breasts, trimmed
- olive oil, for brushing
- salt (optional)
- pepper (optional)
white wine and mushroom sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 250 g button mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup cream
- Preheat oven 180C/350°F.
- Heat a large non stick pan over medium heat.
- Brush chicken with oil and rub in salt and pepper if desired.
- Cook chicken for 1 minute, until golden on each side.
- Place chicken on a baking tray and cook in oven for 12 - 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- "White wine and mushroom sauce".
- Add oil and mushrooms to the pan and cook for 2 minutes until mushrooms are softened.
- Add stock and wine and simmer for about 4 minutes.
- Add cream and cook, stirring for about 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and enjoy!
LOVED IT! suoer good. I did add spinach and parmesan cheese it was fabulous my husband loved it so much. I am so making this again.
Thanks for posting.
i took this as a starting point, doubled the recipe, added two cloves of garlic, some salt and chipotle pepper, dill, nutmeg, and a touch more wine. i used half and half so i had to thicken it with 1/4 cup of corn starch mixed with a bit of water. i also used chopped fake chicken which comes pre-cooked but somewhat bland so i simmered it in the sauce and served the whole thing over penne smart pasta with Parmesan. very tasty and addictive and possibly healthier since vegetarian chicken is higher in protein and almost fat free. really needs to be served with a simple salad and the rest of the bottle of white wine for balance. this would make a great romantic dinner.
This is a really great recipe, especially for adding your own blend of seasonings! I added some thyme, ground basil leaves, nutmeg, paprika, and garlic powder to the cream sauce and it turned out really yummy! I served it with French bread, crisp asparagus, and rosemary garlic roasted red skin potatoes. My boyfriend absolutely loved it :).