From Super Food Ideas. A healthy low fat burger recipes with lots of flavour. Portuguese seasoning was specified but I couldn't find it or a recipe to make it, so have suggested Italian seasoning.
- 2 (500 g) chicken breast fillets
- 2 teaspoons oil (rice bran was stated)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1⁄2 medium avocado (diced)
- 125 g corn kernels (drained)
- 1 red capsicum (small diced)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 hamburger buns (split and toasted wholemeal or wholegrain)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (reduced fat)
- 1 cup lettuce leaf (mixed salad leaves)
- Slice each chicken breast in half lengthways and place chicken between 2 sheets of baking paper and using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound chicken until 1cm thick.
- Place oil, seasoning, oregano and garlic in a glass or ceramic bowl and add chicken and toss to coast and cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Place avocado, corn, capsicum and lemon juice in a bowl and toss gently to combine, cover and set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium high heat and cook chicken in 2 batrches for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until cooked through and transfer to a plate, cover with foil to keep worm.
- Spread the base of each bread roll with mayonnaise and top with salad leaves, chicken breast and avocado mixture and top with roll tops and serve.
Our family loved these chicken burgers with avocado salsa. I appreciated the fact that they were healthy. It's simple to prepare and really tasty. The chicken has very good flavor. I especially loved the avocado salsa. The only thing I did differently was to use a whole avocado. Thanks for sharing!
this was good i made it with Portuguese Spice Blend very tasty