Recipe of the day from Taste
Make and share this Chicken Cacciatore Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 400 g pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 g pancetta, chopped
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄4 cups arborio rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 500 g skinless chicken thighs, trimmed, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Place stock and sauce in a saucepan. Cover and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer until needed.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add pancetta, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add rice, chilli and rosemary. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine. Bring to the boil. Add chicken. Stir to combine.
- Add 1/3 cup stock mixture. Cook, stirring, or until stock mixture has been absorbed. Repeat with remaining stock mixture, 1/3 cup at a time, until all liquid has been absorbed and rice is tender and creamy. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with cheese and parsley.