Sara 76's Note:
I found this in a magazine. I haven't tried it yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 400 g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 5 cups hot water
- 5 chicken stock cubes
- 1 cup evaporated low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 300 g broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- lemon zest, to garnish
- 1Spray a large saucepan with oil. Add leek and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until soft, adding a little water if it starts to stick to the pan.
- 2Add chicken and cook, stirring until it starts to brown.
- 3Stir through rice and corn. Cook for 1 minute.
- 4Add combined water and stock cubes, evaporated milk and lemon rind. Simmer, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- 5Stir in broccoli and chives. Season with pepper.
- 6Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the broccoli is tender but crisp.
- 7Garnish with lemon zest.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Corn & Chive Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.7
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 39.1 mg
- Sodium 1025.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 22.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
evaporated low-fat milk