1/5 Photos of Chicken, Corn & Leek Filo Rolls
Served up in individual cigar-shaped rolls, this recipe is a healthier spin on chicken pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add leek. Cook for 6-8 minutes, or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- 2Add chicken to pan and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes, or until browned.
- 3Return leek and add corn to pan with mustard. Stir until well combined.
- 4Sprinkle flour over chicken mixture. Stir until well combined. Remove pan from heat. Slowly add milk, stirring constantly. Return to heat and stir until mixture comes to the boil. Simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool.
- 5Preheat oven to 200°C Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- 6Place a sheet of filo pastry on a flat surface. Spray with olive oil. Fold pastry short end to short end. Spread 1/3 cup of chicken mixture on edge of pastry. Roll pastry once. Fold in sides and continue to roll until a sausage roll shape is formed.
- 7Place on prepared baking tray. Continue to make rolls with remaining pastry and filling.
- 8Brush rolls with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 9Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until pastry is golden and crisp.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Corn & Leek Filo Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.4
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 95.5 mg
- Sodium 328.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 27.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
olive oil flavored cooking spray