Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A curry with green peppercorns.
Make and share this Chicken Curry With Green Peppercorns and Pumpkin recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g chicken thigh pieces, cut into bite sized portions
- 2 teaspoons tinned green peppercorns, crushed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3⁄4 cup peanuts, roasted and crushed
- 2 cups pumpkin, lightly steamed
- 1 cup Thai basil
- Rub chicken pieces with crushed peppercorns.
- Combine vegetable oil and the thick coconut cream from top of the can in a wok.
- Stirring constantly, heat until sizzling.
- Add curry paste and cook, stirring until fragrant for about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and stir until sealed, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add remaining coconut milk, sugar, fish sauce and peanuts and bring to the boil, stirring well.
- Add pumpkin pieces and simmer until well coated with the sauce and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add basil leaves and stir until wilted.
Made this for dinner on Saturday night, it was so quick and easy. I'd never used green peppercorns in a curry before and it was really different but tasted lovely. I love pumpkin in curry so it was great to find this recipe. Thanks for posting Jewelies, another winner. Made for Aus/Kiwi Recipe Swap June 2009.