Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this for my husband to make. And also for a World Tour... We like this. Prep time varies per person on this recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples (about 2 apples)
- 1⁄4 cup golden seedless raisins
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 2⁄3 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup apple jelly
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate, From Frozen Concentrate undiluted
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Lightly grease baking pan and set aside. Place chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. Set aside.
- Place apples, raisins, nuts, onion, and sage in bowl and stir to combine.
- Place 1 tablespoon apple mixture in center of each breast and roll up, enclosing filling completely. Secure with wooden toothpicks and place, seam-side-down, in single layer in prepared pan.
- Brush with melted butter and set aside.
- To make glaze, melt some lowfat margarine or butter in small saucepan and stir in apple jelly, orange juice, and sherry. Simmer 3 minutes until jelly is completely melted.
- Bake chicken in preheated oven, basting frequently with glaze, 30-45 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Remove toothpicks before serving.
Excellent! Surprisingly easy to make yet looks and tastes like you've spent all day in the kitchen. The glaze a special touch. Made as posted with great results. Served with a fresh salad of mixed garden greens made for a lovely meal.