This is a recipe from the local/state daily paper The West Australian and by one of my favourite contributors Margaret Johnson. Times are estimated.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a wide based pot or saute pan and add the onion and cook over a moderate heat until it is a pale golden brown and then add the garlic and the mushrooms.
- Cook for another few minutes and season well with the salt and pepper.
- Place the flour in a plastic bag and season with salt and pepper and then add the chicken pieces and toss the chicken around to coat well and then add the whole lot to the pan.
- Cook for a few minutes and add the wine and the herbs and bring to the boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes and serve - over noodles or pasta was suggested.