1/3 Photos of Chicken in Coriander / Cilantro Sauce
Chef floWer's Note:
My neighbour was telling me about this dish a while ago and they way she explained it made my mouth water. I asked her a copy of the recipe and here it is now on Zaar. I've only tried it once and next time I make it I may remove the liquid/sauce and puree it so it could be a thicker green sauce. I will also try it with chicken thighs as I used chicken breast and it wasn't tender as I wanted it to be. Overall the flavours were yummy and I served it with cous cous. UPDATE!! After much consideration and experimentation, I've double to sauce as suggested by the reviewers - NOTE!! An "average" sized bunch of coriander is 60 grams (2 oz) = 1 1/2 cups chopped
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large onions, peeled & sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 bunches fresh cilantro (** Reminder to use entire coriander, stems and leaf) or 2 bunches fresh coriander, separate stems and leaf then, coarsely chopped (** Reminder to use entire coriander, stems and leaf)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to your personal taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground (or to your personal taste)
- 2 tablespoons lemons, juice of (optional)
- 1Heat the oil in a large non stick fry pan. When it is hot, add the thighs in one layer and saute them over medium to high heat for 4 minutes on each side or until nicely browned. Remove the chicken to a platter.
- 2Add the onions to the dripping in the pan. Sauté for 1 minute. Stir in the garlic, wine and coriander stems only (not leafs at this stage) and sauté for 1 minute longer.
- 3Return the chicken to the pan, add lemon (if your using it) salt and pepper. Bring the surrounding liquid to the boil.
- 4Cover the pan, reduce the heat and boil gently for 15 minutes.
- 5Stir in the coriander leaves and serve 2 thighs per person.
- 6Serve with rice or cous cous.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Coriander / Cilantro Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.3
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 114.5 mg
- Sodium 713.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 28.4 g