Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
From the cookbook Marie Claire. An Australian tablespoon is 4 teaspoons!
Make and share this Chicken Lok Lak With Black Pepper Dipping Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce (Thai but not the sweet one)
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce (ketchup)
Black Pepper Dipping Sauce
- 3 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- lettuce leaf
- tomatoes, wedges
- sliced red onion
- steamed rice
- In a large bowl, mix chicken with sugar, fish sauce and ground black pepper to taste.
- Heat oil in a wok over a high heat and stir-fry garlic until it begins to colour, then add chicken and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add sauces and stir-fry for a further minute until chicken is just cooked.
- To make dipping sauce, combine ingredients in a small bowl.
- Serve chicken with lettuce, tomato, onion, rice and dipping sauce.