Slightly modified Gabriel Gate recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 300 g ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons basil chiffonade
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- salt and pepper, to season
- plain flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 g button mushrooms
- 1 cup tomato sauce, Italian style pasta sauce
- salt and pepper
- 200 g fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup rocket
- 1Combine the first 8 ingredients (onion through to salt and pepper) . Form into walnut sized balls, coat lightly with flour.
- 2Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium hea tand cook the meatballs in batches for 5-6 minutes per batch. As they cook, remove and set aside.
- 3Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for 3 minutes, then add the tomato sauce and cook a further 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Return the meatballs to the pan and heat through.
- 5Meanwhile, cook the fettuccini according to package directions, drain and divide between two plates.
- 6Top each serve with a handful of rocket and the meatballs and sauce and serve.
Browse Our Top Meatballs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meatballs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Meatballs and Rocket over Fettuccini
Serving Size: 1 (456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 813.4
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 178.0 mg
- Sodium 1185.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 54.3 g