Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Slightly modified Gabriel Gate recipe.
Make and share this Chicken Meatballs and Rocket over Fettuccini recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 300 g ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons basil chiffonade
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- salt and pepper, to season
- plain flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 g button mushrooms
- 1 cup tomato sauce, Italian style pasta sauce
- salt and pepper
- 200 g fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup rocket
- Combine the first 8 ingredients (onion through to salt and pepper) . Form into walnut sized balls, coat lightly with flour.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium hea tand cook the meatballs in batches for 5-6 minutes per batch. As they cook, remove and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for 3 minutes, then add the tomato sauce and cook a further 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Return the meatballs to the pan and heat through.
- Meanwhile, cook the fettuccini according to package directions, drain and divide between two plates.
- Top each serve with a handful of rocket and the meatballs and sauce and serve.