1/1 Photo of Chicken Mee Goreng
Cut this out of a newspaper ages ago..I like this as the ingredients are easily interchangeable to use up the contents of your fridge. I've posted it as written, but I've never made it the same way twice. I quite often use bean sprouts and finely shredded cabbage, as well as peppers. If your clan don't like too much spice, cut back on the chilli sauce a little, when I do this (for the kids) I add a little more tomato ketchup to compensate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 450 g of fresh hokkien noodles
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 750 g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 large brown onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, halved and sliced diagonally
- 2 celery ribs, sliced diagonally
- 227 g water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 250 g broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 3 green onions, trimmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1Place the noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to stand for 2-3 minutes and use a fork to separate the noodles.
- 2Heat a wok over a medium-high heat. add half the oil and stir fry the chicken in batches for about 5 minutes until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- 3Add the remaining oil to the wok and add the brown onion, celery and carrot. Stir fry for about 3 minutes until the onion softens then add the chestnuts and broccoli, stir frying for about 2 minutes ( I usually add about a 1/4 cup of water to also steam the veggies and soften them a little more).
- 4Add the garlic, ginger and green onion, stir fry for 1 minute, then return the chicken and noodles to the wok with the chilli sauce, soy sauce and tomato ketchup.
- 5Stir fry for 3 minutes until it's all heated through and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Mee Goreng
Serving Size: 1 (528 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 823.8
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 214.5 mg
- Sodium 684.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 60.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: