Prep 4 mins
Cook 18 mins
A delicious chicken parcel with wine pesto sauce. Found this in an outdoor kitchen cookbook.
Make and share this Chicken Mozzarella recipe from Food.com.
- Cut a pocket into the side of each chicken fillet & insert cheese & ham & spread with pesto.
- Melt butter in a pan & cook chicken over a medium heat for approx 5 mins each side or until cooked through.
- Remove chicken & keep warm.
- Add chives, wine & stock to the pan & simmer 3 mins, add pesto & tomatoes.
- Combine cornflour & water & add to sauce, simmer until thickened slightly.
- Spoon sauce over chicken to serve.
Some of my favorite flavors: Wine, sundried tomatoes, pesto, cheese.....how can you go wrong? I used 1/3 cup chardonnay like previous reviewers and felt it was a good amount. Next time I would increase the pesto, probably double it. Thanks for sharing!
I enjoyed it, but DH didn't care for it. I used 1/3 cup chardonnay. I took a guess as it's not listed in the ingredients and it seemed like a good wine and amount. This dish is flavorful, but the flavors seem to compete with each other. There's enough flavor in the meat-cheese-pesto pockets that a complex sauce was just overkill. I think DH actually would have liked it better if I had just left out the chives and sun-dried tomatoes. I also think I'd cut back on the butter if I make this again. There was enough oil in my pesto that the sauce got kind of greasy and the butter would be the easiest place to cut back on the unnecessary fat. Thanks for sharing. I probably will make it again with some adjustments.