Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is from an email flyer from kikkoman, haven't tried it yet but love the sound of it.
Make and share this Chicken, Mushroom & Leek Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 8 chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, halved crossways
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki marinade, & sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks, halved, washed and sliced
- 4 slices bacon, rind removed, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 100 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 100 g snow peas, to serve
- chopped parsley, to serve
- Place chicken in a non-metallic dish and pour over marinade. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour (longer for a richer taste). Preheat oven to 180 deg. Celsius Heat butter and oil in a heavy-based fry pan over medium heat. Cook chicken in batches until golden. Remove to a plate.
- Add leek, bacon and garlic to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 4 minutes or until leek is tender. Add stock, wine and mushrooms. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat and transfer mixture to an ovenproof dish. Add chicken, cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil and cook for another 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, steam snow peas until just tender. Place in a serving bowl. Top chicken with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
This dish has a lot of potential, however, I would make some changes. First of all we found that the bacon was sort of 'lost' in the teryaki flavour - so I would omit the bacon altogether. I would also double the garlic and add some generous amount of pepper. Other asian flavours would also compliment the teryaki flavour. I served over top of pasta - but it would also be great with rice.